COVID19 Program Model 1B
We continue to work diligently and tirelessly to develop a re-opening plan that focuses on safety, health and maintaining academic rigor, using the guidelines set forth by the New York City Department of Education to ensure a safe return to school for all students and staff. Whichever the learning preference you have chosen, it is the right decision for your family, and we will educate your child and meet his/her academic and emotional needs in-person and virtually.
Model 1B – This model consists of two in-person groups (Group A and Group B) and one 100% remote only group (Group D)
Students will receive 5 days of “IN-PERSON/in the building” Instruction, and 5 days of “REMOTE/at home” instruction in two (2) week cycles. There will be two (2) in-person Instructional Groups (Group A and Group B) and one 100% Remote Instruction Group (Group D) that will be learning from home. (To request 100% Remote Instruction, please click this link for more information)
- Group A: will attend in-person every Tuesday & Wednesday and participate in remote learning Thursday and Friday
- Group B will attend in-person every Thursday and Friday and participate in remote learning Tuesday & Wednesday
- Group A and Group B will alternate in-person attendance on Mondays.
- On the Monday they do not participate in person they must participate remotely (Calendars will be shared at a later date)
- Group D will attend 100% remote learning Monday to Friday, 5 days a week from home.
- When Group A and B are not attending in-person learning they must participate in remote learning
|Week 1||Group A||Group A||Group A||Group B||Group B|
|Week 2||Group B||Group A||Group A||Group B||Group B|
|100% Remote Students:||Group D||Group D||Group D||Group D||Group D|
Graphic of Schedule:
Accessing your child’s account
Please follow these instructions on how to access your child’s student account for remote learning this school year.
How to access your students account
- Go to Student Account Self Service (Open external link)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA)
- Enter your child’s birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
Link to video instructions: https://vimeo.com/408100821
Tech Assistance for Parents
For help with your device, please follow this link https://www.nycenet.edu/technicalsupportforfamily
Remote Learning Device Request
To request a device for your child, please go go https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
Logging into Google Classroom
During this period Remote Learning, we will be using Google Classroom as the platform for uploading all tasks, resources, and assessments. Please follow these steps in order to log into Google Classroom and join any classes you have been invited to.
- Go to https://classroom.google.com on your web browser
Request 100% Remote Instruction
TO Please visit this link to enroll your child in 100% remote classes. You will need your child's Identification Number, which can be found on your childs report card. If you need your child's ID, please call us at (212) 567-5456.
Learning Preference Selection: https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference